Breast Enlargement Toronto - How to exercise after surgeryOne of the big questions for breast enlargement Toronto is how to exercise post-surgery. After you have undergone the procedure, there are many steps that you will need to take to ensure proper healing time and begin a normal routine with your life. Surgical advancements have helped reduce the healing time and increased the safety of this procedure. However, eager patients who embark on exercise too soon or too vigorously after surgery will be subject to infection, tearing of the stitches or altering the symmetry of the implants that is precisely organized by the physician. It will be necessary to slowly build your exercise routine starting no less than one week after breast enlargement Toronto.
1. Keep it basic to start. Simple stretches and exercises designed to improve range of motion are ok during the second week after breast enlargement Toronto. Many physical therapists recommend wall climbs, shoulder rolls and arm circles. You can speak with your plastic surgeon or a personal trainer to find out what specific exercises are suitable during the second week after your procedure and how to complete them.
2. Continue to perform the simple basic exercises until you have healed enough to reach the middle of your back. The sports-bra type unit that the surgeon will provide you will offers enough support that you could also incorporate short walks into your daily routine. Complete the routine two to three times per day for the best results. When you have regained full range of motion you can move forward with other exercises.
3. Longer walks and low-impact exercises are ideal after the first month post-surgery. Some candidates may even be able to enjoy low-impact swim exercises if approved by the physician. Exercise will help decrease your recovery time but your options should always be discussed with your surgeon to prevent any permanent damage to the implants or surrounding tissue. Water exercises will not be adequate until the incisions have healed mostly. You should continue to avoid any activities which are jarring.
4. Continue to limit any activities which are considered vigorous. This include jumping, high impact aerobics and running as well as any lifting that will put heavy pressure onto your chest area. These limits will remain in effect for up to eight weeks after surgery. This step is extra important for any woman who has had very large implants installed. During follow-up visits with your surgeon, he will be able to guide you to the stages when certain activities are okay based on your healing.
5. Once you have the okay from your physician, you can continue your pre-surgery workout routine. There are no significant risks to exercising after having surgery for breast enlargement Toronto however you may have to modify some exercises to accommodate your new breasts. It is very important to incorporate ample strength training into workouts after the surgical healing time is complete. Keeping the chest and back muscles strong will help support the implants and keep them from sagging in the future.